Head Mechanic position
Eagle Ranch Resort
Published On: 2024-01-31
Work, play, and live in beautiful Invermere, BC, with us at Eagle Ranch Resort. Our resort features world-class golf, rated 4.5 stars by Golf Digest, a fine-dining experience in our Rustica Restaurant, and a luxury stay in our 20-Room and 4-Cabin Headwaters Lodge. Eagle Ranch Resort is perched atop a spectacular bluff overlooking the magnificent Columbia River and sparkling waters of Lake Windermere. Only a few kilometers from downtown Invermere, we are a short distance from beaches, shopping, and world-renowned outdoor activities.
Owned by Stone Creek Resorts Inc., two world-class golf resorts in the most beautiful natural surroundings are Eagle Ranch Resort in British Columbia and Silvertip Resort in Alberta. Our resorts’ defining features have their foundation in the values; striving to provide an extraordinary experience to our guests is crucial. Our service commitment, SERVICE BEYOND, sets us apart from our competitors. A successful candidate must work according to the company values: caring, integrity, excellence, team spirit, financial responsibility, and safety.
Description of Role
Reporting to Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent – the Mechanic is responsible for maintaining and repairing our fleet of 80 of golf carts and Turf Equipment from reel mowers, rotatory blade mowers, top dressers, tractors and utility vehicles. We are looking for an employee that will show initiative and is willing to grow. We are willing to train the right candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Diagnosing problems with mowing equipment, diesel and gas engines, transmission components, fuel systems, electrical systems, brakes, and other parts of mowing equipment and utility vehicles.
- Maintaining and repairing golf cart fleet of 80 carts from frontend/steering, electrical components, batteries replacement, body work and GPS troubleshooting.
- Performing routine maintenance on all carts and equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Performing regular inspections of carts and equipment for any damage or defects to ensure the safety of drivers.
- Have knowledge of purchasing parts while adhering to budgets.
- Maintain detailed records of maintenance being performed using Turf Prophit our web based tracking program.
- Working within a schedule and comfortably adapting to a situation or work environment.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are always followed to maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance servicing on golf carts and some utility vehicles (electric and gasoline) is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid BC driver license or able obtain BC license.
- Experience and knowledge of all golf course equipment is considered an asset.
- Experience with other small engine repairs is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Must have own tools or the ability to purchase basic tools within a time frame to undertake the required repairs and maintenance of the equipment.
- Knowledge or past experience in grinding reels.
Compensation and Perks
Why Eagle Ranch Resort:
- Discounted: golf privileges, staff meals, restaurant meals, and golf shop purchases at Eagle Ranch Resort & Silvertip Resort.
- Discounts for friends and family for golf, restaurant meals, and golf shop purchases at both resorts as well.
- Subsidized Staff Accommodation on site.
- Health and Wellness benefits available after one-year of full-time employment.
- Matching RRSP up to 4% after 3 months
- Our people experience working at a world-class Golf resort, a fine-dining restaurant & a luxury hotel.
- We offer a diverse and engaging work environment in a unique location.
- Close to many outdoor adventures – Kootenay National Park, Banff National Park, Panorama Mountain Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Lake Windermere, other exceptional golf courses, etc.
- Competitive wage
Thank you for your interest in this position.