McKenzie Meadows Golf Club
Published On: 2024-02-08
McKenzie Meadows is currently seeking an Assistant Superintendent to join our Turf management team at Calgary’s Finest Public Golf Facility. Nestled along the Bow River in Fish Creek Provincial Park, our golf facility includes an 18 hole championship golf course, two driving ranges inclusive of exceptional practice greens and bunkers. We strive to provide exceptional playing conditions to our Members and Guests every time they tee it up.
Description of Role
Our Assistant Superintendent is an important part of the management team and is responsible for our Turf Care staff on a daily basis; providing our guests with first class conditioning and service. Our Assistant Superintendent will be a mentor to our grounds staff and will be hands on and lead by example. Other duties may include property management of the clubhouse and other buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily supervision of staff
- Recruitment, training, scheduling and monitoring of seasonal staff members
- Preparation and application of all fertilizers and plant health products
- Monitor, maintain and improve our irrigation system
- Be willing to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to work independently and assume responsibilities of Superintendent in their absence
- Post secondary degree or diploma in a turf program preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory role in a related field
- Valid Alberta Pesticide Applicators license or willingness to obtain
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
- Excellent computer skills, written and oral communication
- Professional and positive work attitude is essential
Compensation and Perks
- Year Round Full time position
- Competitive salary to be negotiated depending upon experience
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits program
- Paid vacation
- Association dues for AGSA and CGSA
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $48,000 to $52,000 per year
Only those applicants who receive an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position.