Dawson Creek Golf and Country Club
Published On: 2022-07-31
Dawson Creek Golf and Country Club is a public golf course located along the Alaska Highway 3 kms from the traffic circle. It is an 18 hole, Par 72 playing approximately 6300 yards. It has Bent-grass greens and primarily bluegrass fairways, tees and rough. The creek in which the town is named after intertwines its way throughout the course providing a very tranquil playing experience.
Description of Role
The Superintendent will be responsible for all golf course and grounds maintenance. He/She/They will work in partnership with the Clubhouse Manager and the board of directors. The Superintendent will be responsible for the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to operating policies and procedures. The Superintendent is a full-time, year-round position and must be available to work any shift including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays during the golf season. The Superintendent will report to the Organization for the summer golf season which is approximately 8 months. Appropriate time will be allotted for spring opening preparations and winterization of the course.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains buildings, equipment and property in a professional manner.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Help train staff on all machinery, including safety procedures.
- Responsible for all fertilizer and pesticide applications and will act as course IPM agent (valid license necessary).
- Manage all golf groundskeepers and maintenance staff, including scheduling/hiring.
- Manages purchases of equipment and turf supplies.
- Participate in monthly planning meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including but not limited to, employees, equipment repair areas, restrooms, etc.
- Minimum 2-year degree/certificate in Turfgrass Management or related study and 3-5 years experience as an Assistant or Golf Course Superintendent.
- Thorough knowledge of agronomic principles.
- Demonstrate experience and capability in the areas of budget development, financial prudence, strategic planning and team management.
- Working knowledge of irrigation systems, automated controls and repairs.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as high degree of leadership qualities, problem solving and decision making.
- Requires current licensing as a pesticide applicator or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Requires knowledge of current federal and provincial laws and regulations affecting the management of the golf course operations – including employment, safety regulations and environmental standards.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Drivers license.
Compensation and Perks
- The club is offering a base salary of $65,000-80,000. Negotiable based on experience.
- Medical and Dental benefits.
- Complimentary use of club facilities.
- Compensation for industry fees and certifications.
Thank you for your interest in this position.