Second Assistant Superintendent
The Quarry Golf Club
Published On: 2022-11-28
The Quarry is a premier 27-hole public golf facility located in northeast Edmonton, Alberta. Opening in 2012, this Les Furber designed property presents a fun and challenging test for golfers of all abilities. The Quarry prides itself on being a positive, progressive, and supportive place to work, while being one of the top properties in the Edmonton area.
Description of Role
We are looking for an adaptable, detailed, and driven leader to join our turf management leadership team as a 2nd Assistant Superintendent. This opportunity will provide significant learning opportunities; a mindset of growth is a must. The candidate will have the opportunity to experience procedures relating to fertility, cultural practices, irrigation, drainage, team management, and projects. This role is suited toward an individual who wishes to develop their turf management skills, while contributing to the daily operations of a progressive department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement fertility and cultural programs through accurate applications, proper documentation, and consistent monitoring
- Lead a weekend team of 12-15 staff
- Assist in maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Participate in management of employees by:
- Directing tasks and expectations using clear communication
- Evaluating quality, productivity, and efficiency of staff tasks
- Communicating appropriate feedback
- Share ideas and knowledge; make suggestions, ask questions, self-evaluate, and strive to learn
- Emphasize organization and strict attention to detail
- Possess/currently enrolled in a certificate, diploma, or degree program at a recognized institution
- Currently have a valid Alberta drivers license
- Possessing an Alberta Pesticide Applicators license is not necessary, but is considered an asset
Compensation and Perks
- Dependent on experience, competitive with industry standards
Thank you for your interest in this position.